Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 22

Today is my birthday.

I'm now 24 years old.  That puts me one year away from the date where Hubby and I will be the age of possibly thinking about starting a larger (human) family.   That's kinda a scary notion for me.  It's not that I don't like children or I've never dreamed of having my own.  I think some of it is I just have gotten used to life with just Hubby and I.    The other part is not feeling at all prepared.  Who on earth am I to mother a child?    One day.  We'll see.

I chose to not ask off on my birthday.  Instead, I opted for having off the weekend.  That way I get to spend the days at home with Hubby.  I, also, kinda like going to work on my birthday.  I'm the kind of person who likes as much attention as possible on my day of celebration.  Vain?  Probably.   It's me and I'm sticking to it.

At work, tonight, they were so lovely.   I hear them ringing people up while I'm doing dishes in the back.  My shift called me up saying she needed my help.  I was thinking, "they really aren't that busy, why do they need me to ring? Oh well."  I wasn't upset, just kinda curious.   There was no customer needing my attention, instead, it was a slice of yummy cake!  Oh, yes, there was a card and singing and hiphiphooraying but the point is, there was cake! :-)  No, really, cake wasn't the point. It was touching that they had done that.  Did I mention german chocolate cake?  I did? Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a smile. :)