Thursday, October 18, 2012

You Gave Up Everything

River: I remember everything. 
I remember too much. 
And some of it's made up, 
and some of it can't be quantified, 
and there's secrets, and...
Simon: Hey, i-it's okay. 
River: But, I understand. You gave up everything you had to find me. 
You found me broken. It's hard for you. You gave up everything you had. 
Simon: Mei-mei, everything I have is right here.


You know, you can argue with me about how Jesus came for God's glory to be made great.  He did. This is truth.  You can talk me to death about theology. I find it has a place and I am not shooshooing it. 

There is something in this quote that screams Jesus to me ever since I was reminded of it the other day. 

He gave up his heavenly throne to walk the earth, God in dust, and instead picked up tools, bread and wooden death. He did so much and when he found me, He found me, us, broken. So broken.  He found His Beloved, His Bride.  She is broken, bruise and beaten down.  I've pictured it before, can I even look in his eyes? Me, who ran away as I was born. Can I even meet his eyes or do I look at them in blatant arrogance. No, it is shame. 

And He found me beautiful.


Just a thought. 

2 comments:

Give a smile. :)