Friday, October 5, 2012

Voice

Today has been a big mixture.  It's one week since I arrived home from the hospital.  That's a weird feeling.  I still have bruises on my arms. I'm easing into the things pregnancy asked me to put aside for a while. Things like drinking caffiene, not getting dizzy and sushi.  Okay.  So I haven't had sushi yet.  It'll happen.

While it has been a long week, things are starting to feel uncomfortably normal.  I'll be returning to work Monday.  In fact, I went into Staff Day today. I wear normal clothes out. (We all have sweats days.)  I don't have too strict of a list of things on my "don't even" list. Life is awfully closer to normal.

Part of normal for me is watching The Voice.  I love, love, love this show.  I don't really know why. I love singing. Thats part of it. I love how it gets out your feelings in a way that is really hard to compare. I can easily dream of standing up there, pouring out my overflowing soul.   Am I a nerd? Oh definitely. I get hardcore into it. I sit in my living room and in my car... Don't lie. You turn it up for the drive. Anywho, I sit in those scenerios and think what song do I enjoy that also summerizes me? I get so legit into it. Watching it tonight, I started thinking about it again.

Some days, I'm "Feeling Good." That will forever be a favorite.
I have my "The Fighter" moments.  (This one has language in it. Somehow, that didn't mean God didn't use it to give me a message that brought me to tears.)
I had a time as a 19-20 year old where I thought my heart couldn't be anymore broken by a boy. I sobbed my loneliness late at night where God impressed on my heart that tears speak. He didn't need words to understand what my tears said. I melted into that embrace. Thank God for that heartbreak. Therefore, "All Around Me" has a special place as well.
I am reminded of Christ's love everytime I hear "Ain't No Mountain High Enough", a fact that makes me chuckle.

The song that summed up my heart two weekends ago, that one is simple. "10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman.

It is amazing that God gave us the gift of music.
Here's my question: What is a song that you think suits me?
Better yet.

What is your song?


LYRICS
Feeling Good
The Fighter
All Around Me
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
10,000 Reasons

EXTRAS
32 Flavors
Who You Are
Superhero
All My Tears
I'm Not Alright




6 comments:

  1. I totally agree! There will (almost) ALWAYS be lyrics to describe your story/situations/trials. With music, I feel like I have something to identify with (... something that kind of gets me!).
    Have you heard much Brandi Carlile? "The Story" has to be one of my all time favorites! ...I love when you feel like a certain song was written just for you ;)
    Love you Dear!
    Tara Kelley-Tanner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty song, Tara. I think you hit the nail on the head with "something that kinda gets me."

      Delete
  2. You're song now..."I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor

    My song now (especially for you)....:I Feel Your Pain" Christina Aguilera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have I not heard that Christina song before. And you're right, I will survive. :)

      Delete
  3. My song will always be "Screamer" by Good Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I think of you I think of a confident sassy song, the kind with a good beat you can dance to. Gosh Christa you are so stinkin' confident. Everytime I have been with you over the past couple years I just think to my self, that woman is so strong and sober, honestly. Maybe Beyonce could do the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Give a smile. :)