Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 91| Thinking

I asked a friend what he was up to today.  His reply: thinking.

I told him my plans for the day (nothing but chillin' with the hubby man. aahhhhh, how lovely.) Then I asked "thinking?"  This was unheard of to me.  To have a life so organized as to be able to just take time to think.    More than that, to have a life that you value so much that it wouldn't matter if everything was done and in place, you had to take time to think that day.  I have never planned to think for a day.  I... can barely comprehend this.

My friend simply replied, "yes. Thinking."

I was inspired.  I couldn't get it out of my head.  I asked more questions of him.  The included contemplating how Christ often took time to be alone.  Now, the idea of "I'm getting away to be with God" that one I've heard.  I suppose it's like thinking.  There is something beautifully mediative, zen-like and natural about the idea though.  I spent a lot of today, in the back of my mind, thinking about thinking.

Later, the wind started blowing powerfully outside this afternoon.  I raced out to get the clothes, that were drying, off the porch. I stood there for a moment, looking at the clouds... there were so many faces in them, I was tempted to run downstairs and grab my sketchbook.  I knew they would be gone when I got back though.  Instead, I dumped the clothes on the table.  Picking up one of the towels, I folded it up into a pillow and went to lay on my back on the porch.  I lay there for about 5 minutes, just looking and thinking.

Just thinking.

I am inspired.

1 comment:

Give a smile. :)