Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 82 | Rain

Today there was a storm.  
Hail, thunder, wind and rain.  I relished it.  I love the wildness, the unpredictability of it all.  It's like a roller coaster controlled not by tracks and machines but by the laws of nature.   It to me reminds me of the rawness and grandeur of God.


For some reason, I feel incredibly safe and, yet, vulnerable during storms.  Who wants to break into someone's house or something like that in a storm?  Let's set aside how in the movies the murders always occur on stormy nights.  I would like to stay in my happy place.  I feel vulnerable in that what can I really do to stop a storm?  Nothing.  There is nothing to do but embrace it and ride it out.




 Wild nights are my glory,” 
            the unearthly stranger told them."
~Madeleine L'Engle, "A Wrinkle In Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a smile. :)