Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 4a (I'll post again tonight.)

  I'm so, so hesitant to share this one.  I said I would keep it real here and I think this is a song some people need to hear.

  It is the clean version BUT! There is an scene involving cutting and there is one curse word written on a wall.


  The words are really powerful and the message is strong.  Again, watch with caution, but give the words to this song at least a read if you don't want to listen.  Again, this is the radio edit.




  God, in my opinion, has never asked us to look or act certain ways to please other people.  His words were "they look at the outside, but I look at your heart."

  How do I think that fits with this?  It's the moment when she decided to quit being angry, and instead, let out the beauty inside of her. (By the way, that's totally my dream moment to have a gallery opening like that one day.  I need to get sketching.)  I see nothing wrong with letting out the uniqueness in you.  I mean, I completely understand the line "they don't get my hair." :-p God gave us each such a beautifully different vision of what beautiful is, how do you know what the purpose was?  Glorify God in all you do... don't worry about anything but that.

  Is there someone you need to remind that they are flippin' perfect to you?  Do you need to remind yourself that you are someone so, so special?





"Perfect (Radio Edit)" 
P!nk
Made a wrong turn
Once or twice
Dug my way out
Blood and fire
Bad decisions
That’s alright
Welcome to my silly life
Mistreated this place
Misunderstood
Miss no way, it’s all good
It didnt slow me down
Mistaking
Always second guessing
Underestimating
Look I’m still around
Pretty, pretty please
Dont you ever, ever feel
Like you’re less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you’re nothing
You’re perfect to me
You’re so mean
When you talk
About yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head
Make them like you instead
So complicated
Look how we all make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game
It’s enough
I’ve done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons
I’ve seen you do the same
Oh
Pretty, pretty please
Dont you ever, ever feel
Like you’re less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you’re nothing
You’re perfect to me
The whole worlds scared
So I swallow the fear
The only thing I should be drinking
Is an ice cold beer
So cool in line
And we try, try, try
But we try too hard
And it’s a waste of my time
Done looking for the critics
Cause they’re everywhere
They don’t like my jeans
They don’t get my hair
Exchange ourselves
And we do it all the time
Why do we do that?
Why do I do that?
Why do I do that?
Yeeeeaaaahhh
Oooooooh
Oh baby pretty please
Pretty, pretty please
Dont you ever feel
Like you’re less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you’re nothing
You’re perfect to me
You’re perfect, you’re perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you’re nothing
You’re perfect to me



Here's Pink's thoughts on the song as well: http://www.pinkspage.com/us/news/watch-pnks-new-video-fkin-perfect





3 comments:

  1. Hello! This is Christa, right? You're the only person I've ever known to use Didge as a screen name, but the blog I used to follow of yours looked completely different so I wasn't entirely sure.

    Great idea for a blog! I bet it takes a lot of discipline to write every day.

    Also. . . about the previous post. . . maybe you could look into getting an elliptical machine. . . maybe on Craig's list? Sometimes they give them away. I love mine because I can watch a movie while I work out. . . it really helped me get in the habit of working out daily because at first it didn't feel so much like working out as . . . you know, hanging out in my living room, watching a movie.

    Always a good thing. ;) (It was my lazy way of convincing myself that I should form the habit).

    Happy to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey La! Yeah, it's me, Christa. :-) I'm so happy you're here!

    Thanks! The thing is, I'm totally not disciplined. This is an exercise in learning to be so.

    That's so funny you mention that. Last night I told Josh I wanted one of those or something similar because it helps if I have a machine to use. I hate using those, but I feel like it could really help.

    Please stick around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christa! I'd never seen this video, so I'm glad you posted it! What a beautiful, artistic portrayal of insecurity turning into confidence. I really liked it! :) I am now following you, can't wait to keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Give a smile. :)