Thursday, July 7, 2011

Passions Series: {makeup}

     Makeup.  
     Of anything in my life other than faith, and unfortunately sometimes more than that, I read about make up.  I watch videos on it.  (Kandee Johnson makes me smile all the time with her adorable videos.)  I dream about it.  I enter a happy place when I'm in a make up store.  I adore the way it can make eyes come alive and sparkle.  I love how it gives you a "pick me up" when you take the time for yourself on a bad day to feel prettier.  I love it's ability to transform.  Just say the word pigments around me and I can gush for hours. 

 (I've been checking Walmart daily for the movie Sucker Punch, which was a good movie in itself, but the reason I want it is for the make up inspiration it gave me.  I could barely focus on the movie in theaters for looking at the make up, examining if I could do it or not.)

      I've said before that I realize beauty comes from the heart.  In the words of the oh-so-classic and beautiful Audrey Hepburn (seriously, I love her) 

"Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if your ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up." 
 Audrey Hepburn  (Source)


Hehe, okay so the last part was a joke, but really, even the Bible extolls that a woman's (or man's!) beauty comes from the heart. 


 Could I live without make up?  I have before.  In fact, as much as I love make up, I only wear it two or three times a week.  That said, if I really felt that I needed to give it up, like it was becoming a god, yes.  It would be hard, but yes.




If you are interested in reading the rest of the "Passion Series", here's the start: Passions Series {origin}


Here are some cute make up quotes I borrowed from Confessions of a Doll:

“It's all or nothing with my makeup. If I get dressed up, I'll go to an extreme. I'll wear foundation, bright blue or bright red lipstick with one of my weird purple wigs.” -Angelina Jolie  (YES!!!!)

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” -Miss Piggy

“The makeup is simply an extension of the personality and colors, clothing, makeup all express something.” -Gene Simmons


No comments:

Post a Comment

Give a smile. :)